Laundry is often called the Never Ending Story of adulthood and this is mostly true. However, when you know how to get your laundry done right, you can shave off how long it takes you to complete the task. This ensures that you have more time for fun things and rest because you will be able to get your laundry completed faster.
Maintain the Whiteness of White Clothes
Keeping your whites bright and crisp is actually a lot easier than it seems. Consider the following for the whitest whites:
- Grab 180 grams of baking soda and mix it with four liters of water to create a natural soaking solution.
- You can also use five tablets of 325 milligram aspirin in hot water to whiten. Then, during the rinse cycle, add 240 milliliters of white vinegar.
Keep Darks Their Darkest
White the distressed look is on trend, there are plenty of dark clothes that you want to keep looking brand new and free of fading. Use these to maintain the darkness:
- Before your washer enters the rinse cycle, add two cups of brewed tea or coffee.
- Take a cup of table salt and put it into the rinse cycle for colors like plum purple or navy blue to help them maintain their color.
Eliminate Laundry Odors
When you buy new clothes, they often have a scent to them that can be difficult to eliminate with just detergent alone. In this instance, you can grab the baking soda and white vinegar from your pantry to get the job done. Use the following instructions:
- Presoak your laundry for approximately two hours in one gallon of water and a half cup of baking soda.
- During the rinse cycle, drop a half cup of white vinegar into your washing machine.
Eradicate Yellow Stains
Issues like cigarette smoke, sweat and gas can cause white clothes and linens to take on a yellowed hue that you want to get rid of. Baking soda and table salt can be your best friend when it comes to getting rid of yellow stains. Take a large cooking pot, fill it with water and then place one-fourth of a cup of salt and then another of baking soda into the pot. Boil this for an hour and use it in the wash to whiten your whites.
Clean Your Washing Machine
To ensure that your washing machine always cleans your laundry perfectly, you need to keep your washing machine clean and disinfected. Grab your mouthwash and toss a half a cup into your machine. Simply run through a cycle to clean your machine. Make sure that the mouthwash contains alcohol so that it has the ability to disinfect.
Curtains and Rugs
While curtains and rugs are not a weekly part of your laundry regimen, you still want to ensure that when you clean these items, you are getting them as clean as possible. To keep the colors of both of these as bright as possible, you want to put your usual detergent into the washing machine and then toss in a half cup of salt. The combination of the salt and laundry detergent is sure to brighten your curtains and rugs, while also getting them as clean as possible in between the times you wash them.
In addition to speeding up how long it takes to get your laundry done, these tips will ensure that your laundry is as clean as possible. You can start working all of these into your laundry routine to make laundry feel like less of a chore.